Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally finished with one camera enclosure.


There is a Fedex package coming tomorrow from the Nigerian Embassy. If it is my approved visa then I will be in a plane headed to Amsterdam and then Abuja, Nigeria at this time tomorrow. I have just finished the first working prototype of a water proof (not tested) enclosure and underwater camera. The fatter short tube will hold the little camera shown in the first post. The other tube has two AAA batteries running half of an Ikea light bar that has been encapsulated in epoxy. I have two other light bars that can be screwed onto the battery enclosure. One has a full Ikea light bar. The other has the other half of the Ikea light bar mounted with a mirror.
   I am in the process of making another enclosure for the underwater camera (do not trust that it is really water proof) and two more battery holders. One battery holder will be attached to the enclosure for underwater camera. The other battery holder will be made to attach to the underwater camera without an enclosure. I am hoping that in this configuration I can raise a bore hole pump and slip the camera down the borehole without having to completely remove the pump. If it is in a 5 or 6 inch pipe it should be able to go past the pump cylinder. This will save us the time of pulling the pump.

Here is a video of testing the camera with the small light bar and the light bar with a mirror in a 4 inch PVC pipe with a piece of paper with squares and pictures taped at the bottom.

I better start washing some clothes and deciding what I will take with me. People have been asking if I am packed yet for about a week. I will be packed before I leave for the airport. Whatever is in my bags at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon is what I am taking. If I leave something behind then I will have to buy it in Nigeria or do without.

No comments:

Post a Comment